1897 S&S A

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 11:11:32 EDT

In a message dated 4/13/2004 12:30:55 PM Pacific Standard Time,
romano@sccoast.net writes:
Otto,

I think I would contact the Restoration Department at Steinway in NY. They
will be able to give you an idea of what they sell (or have sold) similiar
pianos that they have rebuilt. Subtract the cost of doing the work and you would
have a good idea of the high end of it's value. The ones I've seen at Steinway
Hall were priced at about $80K (!) but they looked and sounded outstanding.
>>> & the're Steinway so they can get it but smaller shops would have trouble
finding that much clout ehh?

They do very nice work in the Resoration Dept. This piano might be a
candidate for them.
.. So might many other fine restoration shops in N.Y & elswhere

Call Mike Megaloudis, Sales, Restoration Department, Steinway & Sons, Queens,
NY   tel  718 204 3122.

Regards,

Phil Romano
Coastal Carolina University