1897 S&S A

Phil Romano romano@sccoast.net
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 15:30:09 -0400

Hi Otto,

I think I would contact the Restoration Department at Steinway in NY.
They will be able to give you an idea of what they sell (or have sold)
similiar pianos that they have rebuilt. Subtract the cost of doing the
work and you would have a good idea of the high end of it's value. The
ones I've seen at Steinway Hall were priced at about $80K (!) but they
looked and sounded outstanding.
They do very nice work in the Resoration Dept. This piano might be a
candidate for them.

Call Mike Megaloudis, Sales, Restoration Department, Steinway & Sons,
Queens, NY   tel  718 204 3122.

Regards,

Phil Romano
Coastal Carolina University
Conway, South Carolina

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Otto Keyes
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2004 1:23 PM
To: College and University Technicians
Subject: Re: 1897 S&S A

Thanks Wim,

Anybody else have any thoughts to share?  I'm not so concerned about the
valuation.  That can be determined without a great deal of difficulty.
Rather, I am concerned about the direction I should steer them.
Normally a piano this old would be a no-brainer, but the situation is
unique, & I could use as much input as possible.

Thanks,

Otto