part time compensation

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 15:12:36 EDT

In a message dated 4/13/04 1:48:55 PM Central Daylight Time,
McNeilTom@aol.com writes:
Now, suppose I do a service call for the local church, three pianos.  One of
these is the grand piano in the sanctuary, in regular, somewhat critical use;
tuned about four times per year.  The second is a 20-year-old studio upright
in the choir room, twice a year.  The third is a 105-year-old upright in the
fellowship hall with a shot pinblock, semitone low in pitch, most of the keytops
missing, but is still used occasionally and gets tuned every other year if
somebody remembers.
Tom

Thanks for your detailed response. However, you went way beyond the purpose
of the original post. I also tune for churches where I'm there two or three
times a year. In those cases I charge my regular fee, and give them a discount if
I tune more than one piano on one appointment

What I was looking for is my current situation, where I tune one piano once a
month, and other pianos on a regular basis, plus, extra for repairs at my
normal rate.

Wim