Fwd: [Experts] Pressure Ridge in Soundboard of NEW piano

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 23:04:57 -0800

Hey Wim, you're the expert...you answer it...;-]

David I.

From: <Wimblees@aol.com>
To: <caut@ptg.org>
Subject: Fwd: [Experts] Pressure Ridge in Soundboard of NEW=
 piano

This came to me from "ask the experts." Anyone care to answer Mr.=
 Robfitz.

Wim

In a message dated 4/12/04 12:07:20 AM Central Daylight Time,=
 johnrobfitz@yahoo.com writes:
How big a concern is a pressure ridge on the soundboard of a new=
 piano?  I have not bought the piano yet, and love it otherwise. =
 However, my instincts are telling me to pass on this one, and=
 wait for one that does not have pressure ridges.  It\'s a=
 Japanese piano, and because of their reputation for uniformity,=
 I\'m confident that sooner or later, another piano of the same=
 model will sound and feel just as good to me.  The dealer is=
 assuring me that the pressure ridge is not a big deal, and that=
 if it should develop into a crack, it is covered under warranty=
 for ten years.  Still, for the money I\'m spending, I feel like=
 I should be getting a piano without any discernable flaws.  Is=
 my concern reasonable, or am I being paranoid?  By the way, I\'m=
 in the Northeast.
Thank you SO much!!  Looking forward to your response.