why does a string go out of tune?

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Sun, 11 Apr 2004 23:42:21 EDT

In a message dated 4/11/2004 8:26:41 AM Central Standard Time,
phil@philbondi.com writes:
Wim Wim...you didn't answer the question..I didn't ask if you tune at FFF..I
asked if you listen at ppp..why?

While my tuning style is similar to yours, I find that if I don't listen at a
low volume, I truly don't know what the note sounds like.

What you're implying is that fff is all there is.. I will disagree if that's
the case.

Phil Bondi(Fl)
Phil

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood what you were asking. I don't listen at pp,
but I do listen at a "normal" volume, I guess about mf. However, while I ma
tuning loud, I do ahve to listen to what's going on. But under normal
circumstances, I do listen softer.

Wim