Strings riding up (was Tuning stability)

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Thu, 08 Apr 2004 08:47:07 -0500

>Now I want to ask your opinion of a different theory of tapping, namely
>tapping
>new strings at the various points where they bend, especially at the front
>bridge
>pin.

Ed,

Just got my computer back up and working again. My not that old glitchy
drive glitched one time too many.

This isn't "tapping" in the same way that people seat strings in the field.
It's done differently, and is to deform the wire into tighter bends around
the bearing points, making the string go in a more straight line between
those bearing points. I do it, most rebuilders I know do too as part of the
initial setup of new strings.