Strings riding up (was Tuning stability)

Ed Sutton ed440@mindspring.com
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 20:44:18 -0400

Ron,

Thanks for an excellent post.  I believe your thinking on this is very clear, and
having spent one season in Wichita, I know you are in a prime location for extreme
experiences of humidity influences.

By the way, when restringing Yamaha pianos, it is possible to reuse the round
ended pins by pulling them and turning them over.  This is both cheap and neat,
representing the pinnacle of CAUT technology.

Now I want to ask your opinion of a different theory of tapping, namely tapping
new strings at the various points where they bend, especially at the front bridge
pin.

Thanks for sharing your analysis on this topic.

Ed Sutton