Piano Tech Aide Checklist.doc

Alan McCoy amccoy@mail.ewu.edu
Mon, 05 Apr 2004 14:16:47 -0700

  _____

From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of David
Ilvedson
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 12:47 PM
To: caut@ptg.org
Subject: RE: Piano Tech Aide Checklist.doc

Alan,

You also have to have some way to verify condition of pianos before and
after damage is found...how do you do that?  Wouldn't the trucking (private
company?...employees of the University?) just say that was the way it was
when they found it?  Someone (you or the intern!) would have to be taking
digital photos of pianos before moves...

Yep. I have a camera. Just not sure I want to spend the time doing that. But
it is something I might consider.

In the private world at hotels, for instance, the same problem exists.  No
one takes responsibility for banging the grand into the doorway...the tuner
discovers the damage and most of the time nothing is done because of cost of
repairs and the pianos, after some time, begin to acquire that hotel piano
patina.

And we have the university/school patina.

David I.