Piano Tech Aide Checklist.doc

Alan McCoy amccoy@mail.ewu.edu
Mon, 05 Apr 2004 09:12:27 -0700

Hey folks,

I knew when I sent out the list I'd get some good feedback. Thanks to all of
you for good thoughts. I'll send out an updated list incorporating comments.

Alan

  _____

From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Lwellerrpt@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2004 2:11 PM
To: caut@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Piano Tech Aide Checklist.doc

Alan-

Everything on your checklist can be learned by a 13 year old.  The only
thing I see on your list that will cause you trouble beyond the occasional
damper accident is the action screw tightening.  Along with screw tightening
comes the need to understand what the parts relate to so the student knows
how to maintain their alignment.  I would also add action bracket and damper
lifter rod bracket screws to the screw tightening list.

Another thing the student can do while they're out and about in the
different rooms is to take note of lights not working and other little rooms
problems that usually go unreported for months.

Lisa Weller