Piano Tech Aide Checklist.doc

Lwellerrpt@aol.com Lwellerrpt@aol.com
Sun, 4 Apr 2004 17:11:08 EDT

Alan-

Everything on your checklist can be learned by a 13 year old.  The only thing
I see on your list that will cause you trouble beyond the occasional damper
accident is the action screw tightening.  Along with screw tightening comes the
need to understand what the parts relate to so the student knows how to
maintain their alignment.  I would also add action bracket and damper lifter rod
bracket screws to the screw tightening list.

Another thing the student can do while they're out and about in the different
rooms is to take note of lights not working and other little rooms problems
that usually go unreported for months.

Lisa Weller