Longitudinal Modes in Piano Strings (now OT)

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 21:29:53 EST

In a message dated 4/2/2004 7:51:29 PM Central Standard Time,
Darn, Jim!!

After hearing this I canceled my plans to attend the convention. Your
class was the whole reason for going. When they put the (E) for everyone
I thought  "now's my chance". To be privy to such high learning has
always been my dream and this typo was my foot in the door!

When will such a an opportunity come my way again? It's not easy, I say,
for someone with my a low level of education to slip into an advanced
class at the "Once in Life Time - Big Deal" convention. No, not at all.
Those hall monitors - or whatever you call them - are mighty tough, and
nasty too I might add. One time, while trying to sneak into a high level
class on plastic elbow freezing, they demanded to check my credentials.
Sweating and shaking I did all I could do; I flashed the little PRT pin
I bought at that convention were everyone got sick as a dog from the
hotel food.

"Hell, its Hartman again," Said the big one with the trendy keyboard bow
tie.

"I seen him before tryin to get into that class on the secrets of the
super glues. When are you going to learn, ha?" Said the short one with
the few hairs shy of a true Trump comb-over.

"What do ya say Dan? I bet this guy doesn't know the difference between
a longitudinal wave and one of them transverse thingies?"

"Hey just a minute guys," in my mind I was making a fast retreat back to
the safe haven of the exhibit hall," I was just stopping to tie my shoe."

"Yea right, I don't see no 'A' after that RPT just a measly 'E'."

I will stop this account at this point. All I can say is that what
followed was not nice, neat or even sanitary. Till this day I haven't
found the nerve to crack the lid on spinet and the scent of freon gas
makes me queasy.

So this summer instead of attending the "Big Cheese" I will be hitting
the books. I plan on finding out about the moment of inertia and the
bending moments in beams. After all, I have just a moment learn. I
better bone up on all that Latin and Greek talk so I can poly voo such
terms at transverse and distal. Well wait a minute, first I need to
learn to read. That's going to be way hard!
And some of you thought I was rough on Jim. :)

Wim