More wood, less pin. was Re: Strings riding up (was Tuning stability)

madelyn mrykalo madvinmryk@yahoo.com
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 22:24:53 -0800 (PST)

The string does dig into the bridge pin after a while (just look at one sometime) so tapping the pin in further may give a smoother surface to the string at the contact point of the bridge pin.

>There has been a lot of discussion about tapping the pin to create better
>tone, less distortion, etc. But what are we doing? Is the better
>termination caused because by tapping we are driving the pin deeper into
>the wood at the bottom of the hole, thus creating a more stable pin,

Vince Mrykalo
University of Utah