Pinning and Tone

Jim Busby jim_busby@byu.edu
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 16:57:01 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Richard Brekne
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2003 4:28 PM
To: College and University Technicians
Subject: Re: Pinning and Tone
=20
Its Richard Wests point, but I believe he refers to less power on
repeated blows. Not sure tho. Richard ??=20
Cheers=20
RicB=20
Alan McCoy wrote:=20
	 Hi,Pardon my density, but why does higher checking reduce
power? If the hammer tail doesn't drag on the way up (and it shouldn't),
I can't see how higher checking reduces power. Checking, after all,
occurs after the hammer has hit the string.I must be missing something
here.Alan McCoy=20
	-----Original Message-----=20