glue on bridge pins.

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 18:50:02

Hi Eric,

I have seen bridge pins glued. It lasts for a while. But if humidity
continues to cycle--then the while is shorter.

Tonal impact over all in my climate (4% to 84%) is quite dramatically in
favor of the DamppChaser units. It takes about a year for the unit to
really stabilize the soundboard, with a bottom cover in use. The bottom
cover is a form of speaker cloth so there is little loss of power from it.
I'd love to see an adjustable controller so a person could dial in a higher
level of humidity for tonal reasons.

At 03:29 PM 10/10/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Has anyone ever done any investigations involving the tonal impact these
>units might have on a stage piano? It seems to me that you would have to
>lose a certain amount of power since sound is coming off the bottom of the
>soundboard as well as the top. I know these units have great value in studio
>and home situations, but I just can't imagine it not affecting the piano's
>tone and power. And by the way, just as a reminder about how this thread
>began, I haven't heard from anyone about gluing bridge pins on a concert
>instrument...it seems like a great idea to be able to stabilize the wood
>around these pins. I guess I'll just have to go up into a practice room and
>find out for myself...

>Eric Wolfley

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/