humidity control in concert pianos

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 11:25:26

Hi Jeff,

I've changed the thread.

That's very simple to arrange. Take a rechargeable emergency flashlight,
replace the bulb with a buzzer and splice it into the power cord of the DC
unit. When the unit is unplugged it will buzz for about 20 minutes. Trust
me--they will plug it in! I'd really appreciate the DC people including
this as an optional "add on".

A refinement to this would be to use one of the many uninteruptible power
supplies that are used on computers--I do think this is overkill--but I'd
do it in a flash if I could purchase a unit where the "beep" could be
turned off for concerts--there would then be no cords needed during a
performance.

The local University concert venue's here have DC units on the two pianos
used for that purpose.