performance piano policies

Keith McGavern kam544@gbronline.com
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 13:10:55 -0500

At 1:04 PM -0700 10/8/03, Alan McCoy wrote:
>... We are revisiting our policy regarding use of our performance pianos. I am
>curious as to what other schools policies are in this regard. ...

Hello Alan,

I am not the official spokesperson on policy for Oklahoma Baptist
University (OBU), but the last I recall piano performance majors are
generally allowed at least 4 hours practice time prior to recital.

As to guest recitals I am certain they would be allowed whatever time
they feel they need. OBU has always seemed to me to be very
accommodating to guest performers.

Their three performance Steinway Ds' are kept locked with fallboard devices.

As for Saint Gregory's University there their two grands are kept
locked with fallboard devices, but am unaware of access time for
students and/or guests.

Sincerely,

Keith McGavern, RPT

Oklahoma Baptist University