Steinway "pinning" dilemma - Eric's Answer

Mary Smith marysmith@mail.utexas.edu
Tue, 07 Oct 2003 08:53:52 -0500

Jim, list,

After following this discussion, I just want to add as a postscript to
Jim's point that Eric was not at all "snooty," that Eric, and his
colleagues at Steinway, are OUR colleagues as well, and we should try to
treat them with the respect we would like to be afforded ourselves. Just
because their system doesn't work for us at first go doesn't mean it's
messed up or that they are trying to "pull the wool over our eyes." They
are trying to make the best pianos they can (and still make a profit).
Seems reasonable enough. My 2 cents.

Mary Smith
University of Texas at Austin