damper head

David's Email ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 09:20:02 -0700

List,

I have an old Steinway M which has a missing damper in the middle of the =
bass.  I can provide more exact info if someone actually can help me.  =
Any suggestions?  I am thinking I'll have to make one, then move the =
lower dampers up to fill in for the missing one and use my homemade one =
on #1.  I'll have to change a single string damper to a double string =
damper but I don't think I have any other options...?

David I.