Fire extinguisher

Joel Jones jajones2@facstaff.wisc.edu
Mon, 06 Oct 2003 10:28:43 -0500

On 10/6/03 7:10 AM, "Allan Gilreath" <agilreath@mindspring.com> wrote:

> I would think that the company who does the refilling/checking of the
> extinguisher should have that info.  Particularly, I would think they
> would have to keep that on file as MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets)
> for their OSHA records and also have it available in case of a call from
> poison control...
>
> Allan
> Allan L. Gilreath
> Berry College - Rome, GA
> (it would be nice if we could all start including our institutional
> affiliation again...)

Dave,
Vacuum using a double filter.  My memory of our extinguisher mess was to
vacuum everything first.   DO NOT walk on, touch, or try to clean by rubbing
with rags.   This smears the fine powder into the surface and is a real
removal problem.
    We were fortunate that very little went inside the piano, but the case
was sprayed.  A company specializing in fire clean-up was called and they
did the final cleaning.
    No problems developed in our piano after the cleaning.   Good luck,
Joel

University of Wisconsin - Madison  (retired)
--
Joel A. Jones  RPT
Assistant Director - TEAM '04