bobbling hammers, again

Ed Sutton ed440@mindspring.com
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 17:28:41 -0400

If someone has a spare D or B action, it would be a great model to =
create all the backcheck problems we've been posting on this thread, =
then use in a demo class. =20

Ed S.=20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Wimblees@aol.com=20
  To: caut@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 5:06 PM
  Subject: Re: bobbling hammers, again

  In a message dated 10/1/03 3:58:02 PM Central Daylight Time, =
ed440@mindspring.com writes:

    Wim-

    Along with what Jeff is saying, check (feel) if the nap of the =
buckskin is
    reversed, or if the backcheck head is slightly loose on the wire.  =
Also check the
    bottom edge and corners of the hammer; just a slight touch with a =
sandpaper file
    to remove a sharp corner might make it work.

  I am going to look at the wire, to make sure it is tight in the key. I =
will also look at the nap of the buckskin. I have already sanded the =
bottom edge of the tail to remove the sharp edge.=20

    Are you making a laminated checklist of all these suggestions?   You =
could teach a
    class next year.   Or sell the list.  ;-)

  I am saving all the suggestions for future references. I don't know if =
I will have enough material to teach a full class, but maybe a mini =
class. As with all educational material, the information will be free =
for the asking. :)

  Wim=20

    Ed Sutton