Efficient repining method by Renner

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Fri, 23 May 2003 20:59:25 +0200

Hi Ric, What alternative are you talking about ?

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et reparation de pianos.

PianoTech
17 rue de Choisy
94400 VITRY sur SEINE
FRANCE
tel : 033 01 47 18 06 98
fax : 033 01 47 18 06 90
cell: 06 60 42 58 77

  -----Message d'origine-----
  De : caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org]De la part de
Richard Brekne
  Envoye : vendredi 23 mai 2003 12:14
  A : College and University Technicians
  Objet : Re: Efficient repining method by Renner

  David's Email wrote:

    Rebushing rather than repinning at what size?  21.5?  Interesting that
in
    Renner's technical info they didn't mention the most important aspect,
i.e.
    the pin must be tight in the birdseye.
    David I.

  Well...what sounds good in a document, and what actually is done, and what
actually results are ofte times different things entirely.

  Personally, I have yet to find a set of stock shanks that I havent been
able to improve substantially by repinning. And secondly, when I order
shanks from Renner I specify that no graphite is to be used in the bushing
felt. Sometimes I have to order from an alternate manufacturer because of
this. I like most everything Renner makes, but I wish somebody would let
them know that graphite in bushings is not such a good idea.... especially
when there is a great alternative.

  RicB
  --
  Richard Brekne