pics of my bushing tools (mortises)

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Thu, 22 May 2003 01:13:20 +0200

For sure they are made initially like that by convenience, but the L
shape is really adding something (firmness, rigidity).
it helps the key not to wobble so much particularly when a little old.

A very thin sensation I may confess, but the lasting of the job is
better, to the point I produce inverted L shape when bushing keys
without the lateral aperture .

Only with this way you can regulate the balance hole so the key looks
to be slowly going down on the pin.

I bet you are joking with the material question, you may not use the
Bushmaster tool then !

And I am still on the process to use leather for schools, a study is
made (mixed bushings on the same keyboard )

Best regards.

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et réparation de pianos.

PianoTech