pics of my bushing tools (mortises)

Brian Lawson lawsonic@bdmail.co.za
Wed, 21 May 2003 23:10:26 +0200

I think, when the key buttons (chasings for the English) are made in the
factory they are made that way with the bushing cloth glued at a right angle.
True, in repairing you just need it in the contact with the pin, you can do
another set with the felt you save by not gluing at a right angle :)

Brian

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Newell" <gnewell@ameritech.net>
To: "College and University Technicians" <caut@ptg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 10:57 PM
Subject: Re: pics of my bushing tools (mortises)

Isaac this is very inventive of you or whomever is responsible for the
"hook". My question is why bother? What possible purpose can there be for
running the felt into a place where the pin will never touch it? It seems
to me that they were originally made this was because the key button was
made and bushed long before the attachment to the key and it was just
easier to make it this way. Trimming flush with the side of the button is
probably easier that with the bottom. Is there any reason that you have for
going to this extra trouble of threading the felt in this way?

Greg Newell

At 03:17 PM 5/21/2003, you wrote:

>  As promised
>The little hook is very convenient, with the good cauls (thanks Bill
>!)it takes 1:30 h to glue the set (balance)
>
>Cut the felt before gluing the other side, not while gluing .
>That way you can have a neat cut from the inside toward the external
>of the key.
>
>I sell the key bushing inserting tool made with genuine Roslau wire -
>a German tool that will last for years.
>
>(actually out of production because of so many demands).
>
>best Regards.
>
>Isaac OLEG
>
>[The photos are at:]
>
>https://www.moypiano.com/ptg/files/attachments/1e/e9/8b/2d/EPSN0058.JPG