Yamaha GH-1

Mary Smith MarySmith@mail.utexas.edu
Wed, 21 May 2003 08:33:07 -0500

List,

I went out to tune a GH-1 yesterday, and I was mulling over the
various messages on CAUT regarding these lovely instruments as I was
working. It seems to me that the real problem area is B2, the first
note on the tenor bridge. Maybe C3 also, but mostly B2 has these
weird overtones that I find impossible to tune around. What if only
the gauge of that note (I guess it would have to be a pair of notes)
was changed? I mean, it would be great to rescale the whole piano,
but why not solve the most pressing problem first? Anybody with a
rescaling program want to take a stab at it? I know it would make
this customer of mine really happy if I could make that B sound
better!

Mary