Yamaha GH-1

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Tue, 20 May 2003 10:44:27 -0600

I'm no expert on Yamaha history, but I believe the G series and the C
series were simultaneous. I always thought of it as "G" for general use,
"C" for "Conservatory". I'm pretty sure GH-1 was a fairly recent (last 20
years) introduction, while G-1 was around from at least the time Yamaha
made it to the US (late 60's, early 70's). My notion is that G-1 was
dropped when GH-1 was introduced. Could be wrong.
Regards,
Fred

--On Tuesday, May 20, 2003 10:33 AM -0400 Jeff Tanner