Yamaha GH-1

ed440@mindspring.com ed440@mindspring.com
Sun, 18 May 2003 10:47:24 -0500 (CDT)

Alan-

If you really want the best wheel, you probably do have to invent it yourself.  Manufacturers design to meet price points, which is, well, a different kind of wheel.  I wonder why Brian isn't with Yamaha any longer.

If you measure the scale on the GH-1, and enter it into your scaling program, you will get a very clear picture of the problem.

I think the address for Wapin is www.wapin.com.
My opinion is that Wapin would be worth doing if you were planning a full restringing of the piano. Not everyone agrees with this opinion.  Since I'm on vacation, that's enough said!

Let us know what you do and how it turns out.

Ed S.

-------Original Message-------
From: Alan McCoy <amccoy@mail.ewu.edu>
Sent: 05/16/03 04:55 PM
To: College and University Technicians <caut@ptg.org>
Subject: RE: Yamaha GH-1

> Thanks to everyone who responded. First call I made was to Bill Brandom at
Yamaha. They don't have a ready-made scale fix for this piano. He said the
various things they tried "didn't work." I have Pscale and I might end up
doing the rescaling myself, I was hoping to avoid reinventing the wheel
tho.
I'll contact Brian de Tar first though as he was mentioned by several of
you. I'll keep you posted on this if I get a good solution.

Alan