standards

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Mon, 12 May 2003 16:15:36 -0400

Richard and list,
         I find it very interesting to read your comments regarding "taste"=
=20
in tuning. It's long been an opinion of mine that the instrument itself=20
dictates how it should be tuned. While various octave stretching practices=
=20
are used it would seem that something is always compromised in some way.=20
Every time I have strayed from what I've always done aurally and now in=20
combination with TuneLab something just isn't right to my ears. Much debate=
=20
could be done on this issue of taste I am sure. I'll be interested to hear=
=20
what comes of this.

Greg