Collard & Collard

Ellsworth HOOD@uwplatt.edu
Sun, 11 May 2003 16:24:01 -0500 (CDT)

Dear CAUT list:
	I have a customer here in Wisconsin who has a lovely C & C upright, 85
notes, gorgeous burl veneer, late 19th cent sometime, #96902 (has assorted
other numbers, case & parts #s I suppose)  It doesn't need too much work, 3
hammershanks broken but there, look easy to reglue; some rust on the strings,
NO wear on the hammers, all original, some excess lost motion or something, &
some sticking keys.  My thing is old Viennese pianos, not English - anybody
have experience with these?  Anyone want to advise me?  Anybody close enough to
want to take on the project?  They are collectors, so it needs more than just
being made to work - a good correct restoration is what they want, so it plays
and is preserved.
	Best, Margaret Hood
	www.fortepianos.pair.com