That dadgumed short SD-10

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.sc.edu
Fri, 9 May 2003 10:49:22 -0400

Sorry, I'm a day behind on this thread.  I took the day off to go up and
walk the greens at the Wachovia Championship in Charlotte yesterday.  Nice
day off.

Yeah, Greg, I was just thinking the same thing.  I myself, like to sit
high, but we've got one prof who brings some sort of chair from home.  It
feels like sitting on the floor.  Most of our instructors sit lower than I
prefer, but I can't even see the pins sitting in his chair, and I'm 6 feet
tall (I don't think he's any taller than I, if as tall).

I can't for the life of me believe that a pianist could develop any sort of
control from that position (where the elbow is lower than the keyboard),
and I've got to believe it is rough on the carpal tunnel at best!
Jeff