That dadgumed short SD-10

Wed, 7 May 2003 12:02:55 -0700

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Wimblees@aol.com=20
  To: caut@ptg.org=20
  Sent: May 07, 2003 8:38 AM
  Subject: Re: That dadgumed short SD-10

  In a message dated 5/7/03 10:18:58 AM Central Daylight Time, =
edoss@utm.edu writes:

  Elwood

  You cannot eliminate the bow in the truck. I tried what you whant to =
do on the truck in the concert hall, and it didn't solve the problem. =
Besides, 1 1/4" is a lot. I don't think the keybed height can be =
attributed to the bowed truck. I think the Baldwin probably had larger =
casters when it was new, that made the keybed higher. But maybe =
Baldwin's are lower than Steinways. I don't know.

It may have had....but, if memory serves, a distance of 28" from the =
floor to the tops of the keys was the design standard for these pianos. =
I don't ever recall measuring one but do recall being told this during a =
meeting of the engineering staff.

Del