That dadgumed short SD-10

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Wed, 07 May 2003 09:50:20 -0600

Hi Elwood,
                     Order a new set of Concert grand legs with the big
wheels and brakes.   Then get a welder to make up a frame with 1" tubular
square steel.  Add a cross piece between the forward legs of the frame
About 9" behind the pedal lyre. Weld a flange at the end of each leg of the
frame and lag bolt to each leg. Paint your favorite colour of black.  This
will make the legs just as rigid as the stock dollies.  Esthetically it
looks a lot cleaner.  There will be far less Jiggle when the piano is
played vigorously.
The piano is firmly connected to the floor. Weight is still on the legs, no
vertical flex from the frame.
I modified one for a church several years ago, there is no down side even
wheeling it from carpet to a hard wood floor area.
Regards Roger