That dadgumed short SD-10

Dennis Johnson johnsond@stolaf.edu
Wed, 07 May 2003 10:52:11 -0500

Hi-

Don't know your particular details, but we had a number of
old trucks bowed in the same way which were remedied with a
4"x4" block of wood painted black and put in the center as
you mentioned.  This had been done years ago long before I
arrived.  The real problem in our case is that they had
originally purchased an inferior truck or extended one that
was too short and never designed for that length piano.
Over time these trucks have gradually been replaced with new
ones that work perfectly and look much better.   I would say
it is better to have a painted block support on end between
the plate and beams than to leave it that way.  That is just
my opinion, but if it is a priority location you are due for
a proper truck anyway.  They aren't that much.

good luck-

dennis johnson
St. Olaf College