Moving Uprights on their Ends

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Fri, 02 May 2003 18:37:57 -0600

Debris is an issue. Pedal rods, as mentioned. Also.... try to not let the
dolly slide/rise/shift all the way up to the lip of the lid. It can put a
lot of "upward" stress on the nearest hinge.

20-something years ago we broke the freight elavator in the first couple of
hours while moving all of NMSU's pianos over to the brand new music
building. The practice rooms are upstairs. So...25 U1s, and a bunch more.
Great fun, no?
Have fun,
Guy Nichols