Moving Uprights on their Ends

Wolfley, Eric (WOLFLEEL) WOLFLEEL@UCMAIL.UC.EDU
Fri, 2 May 2003 09:46:41 -0400

Mike,

I just had to move my newish P-22 into a room in my house that way and there
were no regulatory problems that I noticed as a result. Over the years I've
moved many pianos this way and the worst thing that ever happened was the
soft pedal dowel falling loose from the action. Oh yeah...if anything is
being stored inside the piano on the bottom board you will hear a kind of
crashing sound.

Eric Wolfley
Head Piano Technician
Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music
University of Cincinnati