Concert Grand Trucks/low keybed

Ed Sutton ed440@mindspring.com
Sat, 29 Mar 2003 11:32:14 -0500

Re: Concert Grand TrucksCheck the archives.  Some years ago I believe =
Jim Coleman suggested adding a strut from the center of the piano to the =
center of the truck to push down the bowed truck.
I am neither recommending or not recommending this, merely calling your =
attention to it as a possible solution for consideration.
Ed S.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Vincent E. Mrykalo=20
  To: College and University Technicians=20
  Sent: Saturday, March 29, 2003 11:13 AM
  Subject: Re: Concert Grand Trucks

  Hey an inch is a lot in this case!

    One of the D's on our stage has a bowed truck. I tried solving this =
problem by taking the weight off the legs, and tightening the bolts on =
the center plate. But it didn't do the trick. The bolts that hold the =
little plates under each leg are about 1" from the floor. I don't think, =
however, that it lowers the keybed that much. I think we're only talking =
about an inch or so.
    Wim

--=20

    Vince Mrykalo RPT MPT