Concert Grand Trucks

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 13:32:50 EST

In a message dated 3/28/03 12:29:35 PM Central Standard Time,
ed440@mindspring.com writes:

> Wim-
>     That is why I use 3 (three) jacks instead of only one.  You can suspend
> the piano completely above the truck, position the arms very carefully,
> then gradually lower it so that the weight lands on the truck arms a little
> bit at a time, similar to what you can do with the Jansen transporter.  The
> transporter is great, but expensive, large and heavy.  Three jacks with
> support columns can be made for less than $40, are small and easy to carry,
> and useful for other lifting jobs around the shop.  Unlike the transporter,
> you can't roll a piano around on them.
>        Ed

Wow. I might be willing to try to put a small grand on three jacks. But a
concert grand? That would scare me. Too great a rist that the piano will
shift. And besides, why spend $40 on three jacks, when one jack will do the
job, but take a few minutes more.

But, to each his own, I guess.

Wim