Concert Grand Trucks

Fred Sturm "fssturm"@unm.edu
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 08:03:50 -0700

Avery,
	I've done this solo a few times. I just use a sawhorse (I have a nice
folding metal one with a flat top to it, wide enough to hold a piece of 2 x
6) and some 2 x 4's and wedges for shims. Horse under the area next to each
leg in turn, raising high enough to pop the caster and fit the truck arm
under. I usually need one or two pieces of two by material on top of the
horse to achieve the right height. Shim under that arm of the truck, so
when you lower the piano onto it, the other arms donb't rise. Do each leg
in turn.
	Lift the piano with your thighs - sitting with your legs under the piano,
go "up on your toes." I usually need a piece or two of two by material
under my toes to make the lift high enough, but that will vary with your
leg size. My sawhorse just fits under the keybed or rim, so I have it in
place before lifting. I also have a couple 2 x 6 scraps sitting on top of
the horse, just next to the piano's edge, which I just slide over into
place while the piano is lifted with my legs.
	Really quite easy and quick, once you master to the technique. If this
hasn't been clear enough, let me know.
Hope this helps,
Regards,
Fred Sturm