cross "B"east

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 17:26:52 -0600

I'm working on a B; nothing is gonna be easy on this piano, it seems.

The problem at hand: I have the piano de-strung. I would like to remove
the "removable" cross strut from the plate, but so far it won't budge.
I have pulled _hard_. (Yes, I removed the bolts first.:)

So my question is, how hard can I safely pull to get the thing off? I
have no doubt that the judicious application of a crow bar would do the
trick -- but would it be safe?

The restringing of the piano _will_ be completed Saturday, cross piece
on or cross piece off. Any ideas, great gurus?

Kent Swafford