Yamaha CFIII Voicing

Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:25:58 +0100

Roger Jolly wrote:

> Hi Phil,
>              Try lifting the strings and seating the bridge pins, it will
> improve the sustain and give the impression of being brighter.  If it's a
> new piano, it probably needs it.
> Roger

Hi Phil and other interesteds

Course this post of Rogers really shouldnt be necessary, yet I  thank him anyways
for reminding us that there is a bass line for action performance that needs to
be assured before any needling should start. Bedding, action regulation, seating
strings to bridge and leveling with a slight lift at the front termination, and
squaring off of hammers to strings can in themselves be viewed voicing
prerequisites and can have significant impact on tone. I can echo Rogers
experience relative to new instruments. Give it a good once over before begining
to work the hammers.

Cheers

RicB

--