Yamaha CFIII Voicing

Phil Bondi tito@philbondi.com
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 06:21:17 -0500

This is a timely thread for me.

I'm working with a rented CFlll right now for the Sanibel Music Festival:

http://www.sanibelmusicfestival.org/

Every performer or accompanyist(sp) that I have talked to wants certain
notes voiced brighter or more brilliant in a room that I would say is on the
"live" side..at least when it's empty.

Olga Kern wanted the entire top 2.5 octaves voiced "more brilliant"..and
this is from a CFlll that I'm sure isn't much different than the ones you
work with everyday.

..a little juice and some deep needling low in the shoulders made her
'satisfied', but not really happy...like i said, it's a rented CFlll, so I
felt I had to tread lightly with the hammers.

This CFlll is not dull nor bright..I would say it's in need, if any, of some
play..it's rather new, and I think it just needs to be played.

Different strokes, I guess..

your thoughts?

-Phil Bondi (Fl.)
phil@philbondi.com