half-time show!

Mark Cramer Cramer@BrandonU.CA
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 11:15:33 -0600

For those who push dull bits to the limit, and everyone else who derive
vicarious relief and amusement from the suffering of others;

Last night, down in the shop, my brother and I were milling the top of a
multi-tiered pinblock surface with a router and a progressively duller
bit,..  a little too close to a smoke detector head.

This while jazz recording-artists Ron Paley and Greg Gatien were performing
to a sold-out crowd upstairs in the recital hall.

I don't feel like talking about this a whole lot more at the moment, except
to say that "while fanning the air around a "household" smoke detector can
sometimes clear things up enough to shut off the alarm, it doesn't seem to
have the same effect on an "institutional" central-alarm system!"

Mark (currently accessing and leaving the building through the rear door)
Cramer
Brandon University

Btw, Canadians may be the only people on earth who can turn an evacuation
into the -20 degree night air into a social event! :>)