OT Wanamaker pianos

David M. Porritt dm.porritt@verizon.net
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 07:10:57 -0500

Done!

dave
*********** REPLY SEPARATOR ***********

On 7/29/2003 at 7:58 AM Paul Kupelian wrote:
Hi all,
I know this has nothing to do with CAUT, but I wish to make an
inquiry about a piano I just worked on.  It is a grand about 5=92
4=94 and on the fallboard it has the name John Wanamaker.  On the
plate it says =93Made expressly for John Wanamaker=94.  The serial
number is 23565.  In the atlas, it says to look under Schoenmaker,
but that serial number puts it at 1895-1900.  I don=92t think it is
that old.

Anyway, John Wanamaker as I recall, was an entrepreneur and retailer
in the Philadelphia area and I am wondering if this piano has any
historical value as the customer wants to sell it.

Any help would be appreciated.  Also, if someone who is a member of
the Pianotech list could post this on that list, I would appreciate
it.

Paul
Paul Kupelian
SUNY Oswego (ret.)