words technical w/piano question

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.sc.edu
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 09:37:16 -0500

Ron Nossaman wrote:
>I take a(nother) lyre back tomorrow, that was bifurcated by the clever
>moving techniques of whatever portion of the maintenance staff happened to
>be available for the last move. It's an S&S B, and yet another lyre stick
>incidentally  evaporated in the process. I'm beginning to think it's time
>to tool up to make these things, since I'm running out of old beat-up
>salvage replacements. It doesn't look that tough.
>
>Ron N

Hi Ron, List,
There is a company in Georgia which makes a reasonably priced grand piano
lyre substitute for breaking down a grand piano.  Perhaps it is time to
begin recommending (demanding?) this 4th leg for all piano movers.  Just a
steel stand which they claim will not slip out.

Why am I posting this?

I'm replacing a lyre stick on a brand new S&S L which the movers broke
delivering the piano.

Sigh.

Jeff