A Clean Keyboard

Jon Page jonpage@attbi.com
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 01:05:49 -0500

At 11:11 PM 1/30/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>>Has anyone come under the disdain of a pianist for removing the
>>grimy-grunge from the key tops before tuning?
>>
>>It appears, that I reduced her traction, now the keys are too slippery.
>>Jon
>
>In a concert situation it is customary to ask if the visiting artist would
>like that done. Apparently by your experience, it might be a good idea to
>also ask in the private sectors as well, as a courtesy. Who would have figured?

A concert pianist would not have given a second thought to_not_playing this
keyboard.   It'll take another six months to a year...
to build up the resistance for her slippery fingers to regain the lost
traction.

Imagine the dirtiest old upright keys; black, dirty-curd worn partially
clean by playing.  Now imagine the same keys in "Fawn Beige".

I wonder, does it fall off her pasty face or what? Or, maybe it's
Maybelline.     Maybe, I don't want to know.

Jon Page