A Clean Keyboard

Jon Page jonpage@attbi.com
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 23:21:13 -0500

Has anyone come under the disdain of a pianist for removing the
grimy-grunge from the key tops before tuning?

It appears, that I reduced her traction, now the keys are too slippery.

I'm talking about two paper towels being grunge'd from this woman's make-up.

Last time, it wasn't built up enough from the last time I cleaned it, so I
simply washed my hands after tuning.
But this time, it was insidious !

The rest of the house is impeccably clean, spotless; even the vacuum trails
in the rug are always uniform.

It's scarey out there...

Jon

  PS    The hammer_are_ beat beyond filing on this mid '60's B,
but_that_does not seem to be a problem.
"It sounds fine."