words technical w/piano question

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 10:21:23 -0600

At 09:53 1/30/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>>... I have already re-addressed one of these to Pianotech, and this one I
>>will leave here. Afterwhich I will say no more about it...
>>
>>RicB
>
>A self appointed List Monitor. How about that.
>
>Thank you for sharing your concerns, Mr. Brekne.
>
>Keith McGavern, RPT

Uh, Keith...

I understand your sentiments, and will not divulge whether I agree or not,
but...

Lacking any election process on this very well ordered list, isn't _any_
list monitoring a self-appointed position?

Obligatory piano related question in form of "'jever notice".

As I near the end of my January bulk tunings, I again have been noticing a
curious thing.  On grand music racks, Why is it that, if there are two
hinges attaching the rack to the shelf, and the screws are loose - it is
almost always true that the loose ones will be on the top half of one hinge
and the bottom of the other.  Hardly ever on both sides of the same hinge.

Is it a fizziks thing, or just me...

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician
Vox-(563)-387-1204 // Fax (563)-387-1076(Dept.office)

- People never grow up, they just learn how to act in public. -Bryan White