New Bostons

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 19:09:53 EST

In a message dated 1/24/03 5:44:02 PM Central Standard Time,
Erwinspiano@aol.com writes:

> List
>     At the Modesto Junior College we recieved 6 Boston verticals. The 52
> inch upright and the other style upright. I forget the model no.s. Any way
> I find the tone to be the typical tinny Asian sound which has really
> deteriorated over the first year. Practice room pianos you know. SOunds
> like a job for snuggle or maygbe super snuggle(grin). You'all discussed
> this before?. Have some had success making a musical instrument out of this
> slick piece of marketing. They sure seem stingy to me.
>   Dale

You must have gotten a bad bunch of pianos. The ones we got sound really
nice. If you want to get some of the tinniness out, try steam voicing. I
would not try to do the snuggle routine yet. That might be a bit drastic,
especially on new pianos.

Wim