HVAC

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 21:12:56 +0000

Here in Chicago, our building was constructed in the 70's.  Surprisingly
enough, there is a steam-injection system for the band and orchestra areas.
When I came here (19 yrs. ago!), I got the building people to hook it up and
try and bring the humidity up.  Worked fine for a few hours untill the water
started running down the interior walls....  So, it's around 14 percent RH
today, and the SF10's hammer flanges have loosened up again, but there's
rehearsals in there, and the violin bridges are popping, the cellos are
splitting...
Job security, I guess!

Ron Koval