Watering Dampp-Chaser Systems in University Pianos

Fred S. Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 08:59:55 -0700

    Likewise. I stick my finger (first joint) over the edge and use it
for a gauge. When I feel water, it's time to stop pouring. I also feel
how low the water has got before I fill - with experience, I know if it
will take two full cans, or somewhat more or less. If I had a student
assistant (and it may happen some day), I would teach the same. I
usually do below the beams with a large tank, so it's also possible to
see it visually, from the right angle. (Large tank to hold more - longer
period before it goes dry. Below the beams when it won't fit higher).
    Not to say it wouldn't be useful for some. I do appreciate
Dampp-Chaser working to make our lives easier.
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico