Harpsichord hitch pin loops

Wed, 26 Feb 2003 19:56:58 +0100

Ron Nossaman wrote:

> >It also tends to keep the standard german from slipping and
> >tightening around the hitch pin... which sometimes happens.
>
> Not if the loop is made and installed correctly - seating the coil toward
> the hitch with the string under tension being part of the installation
> procedure.
>
> Ron N

Didnt know this was the case. Thanks for the clue. I routinly do just that...
but have done so to get the string to hold a stable pitch quicker.

However, I made the comment because I run into this kind of thing all the
time in bass strings. Can get real fun on some uprights in the lower bass
where the hitch pins are buried into the base board right behind the pedal
linkage.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.